Subscribe

Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL

Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Award Winning Mocha Chip Brownies

Coffee and chocolate were made to be together. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact and I can prove it.
This recipe is pretty flexible, I've added white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips, and my favorite is Andes mints. Well, my friend Coby graduated high school this year and is having a graduation party today. I can't go to a party empty handed so this is what I'm bringing.
To make these delicious brownies you will need
    • 1 Cup butter (Thats TWO sticks)
    • 2/3 c. cocoa (I like Hershey's unsweetened.)
    • 2-3 tbsp. instant coffee powder (Depending on how much you like coffee.)
    • 2 c. sugar
    • 4 eggs
    • 2 tsp. vanilla
    • 2 tsp. cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 1 c. flour
    • 1 c. chocolate chips OR Andes Mints OR White chocolate OR whatever you want. 
     
    Here's how you make 'em 
     
    1. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan. 
    2. Stir together butter, cocoa, and instant coffee. 
    3. Add sugar; mix well. 
    4. Beat in eggs, one at a time. 
    5. Stir in spices and flour just to blend. -Do not over beat.-
    6. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake 30 minutes in a glass pan at 325 degrees.
    Be sure to let them cool for AT LEAST an hour before cutting, otherwise they will fall apart and be a hot mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers